Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Champions

Let there be rejoicing in the hills and on the plains! For this night, the Spartans are crowned the West Jefferson Youth Soccer League 2005 Season Champions! (Quite a title isn't it?)
We were led to a 2-0 victory over the Storm tonight by our beloved team captain Luke Brymer (with proper help from the defensive captain: Yours Truly). This was Luke's last season to play, so it was a fitting send off (as was the shaving cream battle after the game). It's been an excellent season, and though I am very tired right now, I'm sure that after I've had some sleep, I'll be looking forward to the next one. The Spartans will be back next year to defend our title. Luke, we'll miss ya, buddy.

5 comments:

ithchick said...

That wasn't supposed to make any sense, right?

Dodger of Sheep said...

I don't know...I was very tired when I wrote that, and it seemed appropiate at the time. Suffice to say, my soccer team won the leauge championship, which was good since our team captain got to end his soccer career on a high note.

Marjoniqua said...

aaah, the shaving cream. That was fun. Except for riding all of the way home with it on your face and clothes. You played great!

Lynn Bruce said...

Nuuuuuuuu, Ralphy, NUUUUUUUU.

Just Say No to blogging about sports!!!

::yawn::

Setiago said...

Congratulations, sir. Glad to hear of the happy tidings of victory!