Monday, December 29, 2008

The Wind That Blew Through Ever Vernal Gardens

Sitting down to right a post,
I thought about what mattered most
For me to write about.

I swiftly come to the conclusion
That it would merely cause confusion
If I tried to force it out.

For a topic to be good to me
It must come most naturally
And not be contrived and artificial.

Too much structure, too much planning
And you'll find your post is spanning
The lands of Bland and Superficial.

A poem, then, would be the key.
No structure in this post you'll see.
Because it just ends.

Like this.

3 comments:

Amy said...

ha. Sometimes I get on to post, then I realize I don't have anything to say at all.

Owl of the Desert said...

I like it.

Unknown said...

I'm finding this very profound...deep.....like life. Or something. Yes yes....very good. We need such concophonous skill in modern poetry today. You are a credit to your profession (all spoken in our British accents...whichever one you want to choose)