Sunday, July 16, 2006

In Which I Wax...Something...

I know this is how most of my posts start, but the other day I was thinking. I was wondering how we got our measure of time. I mean, who decided that the length of a second was a second? I was thinking about waaaay back, when they were trying to figure out how to measure this whole day thing, what constant rhythm did they have to go by? So I was sitting there thinking (caution: it gets a little semi romantic here)when I noticed my heart. Thump, thump, thump...about a second apart... And it hit me: Time is measured in heartbeats.

9 comments:

ithchick said...

AWWWWW. How sweet.

BirdTrainer said...

I have never really thought about that before. Interesting very interesting.

Gracie said...

it could very well be that...I missed what you waxed though.

elliebird said...

I'm counting the heartbeats till the seperation is ended. : )

Andrew said...

Intriguing. Never really thought about it that way.

Nomos said...

profound stuff, brah.

Cimmanim said...

sweetness...

toesthattwinkle said...

almost 2 months...

toesthattwinkle said...

almost 2 months...