Saturday, February 11, 2006

Sloop

It snowed today. Now, this statement in and of itself may not seem too profound, but you must understand, I live in Alabama. Winter for us is only being able to wear shorts in the afternoon. A sizeable portion of our population think snow is a figment of some crazy Yankee's imagination, brought on by sweet tea deprivation. Frozen rain?? Someone's a few branches short of a grits tree if you know what I mean. But, snow actually does exist. I know because I saw some today.
I was sitting and reading (imagine that) enjoying a day without working for The Man. When all of a sudden, as if drawn by some cosmic beckoning, my eyes left the extremely interesting page, in which Eishenhorn had just been betrayed by one of his former friends, and was about to be burned as a heretic, but one of his retinue, who had gone a bit off the deep end, summoned a daemonhost who proceeded to obliterate just about everyone, until....where was I? Oh right. Snow. Sorry, I get sidetracked easily. You know how it is, you're typing along, and you think about one thing and that leads to thoughts of another and before you know it, you don't know what the heck you're saying and your post/report/novella is a convoluted mess. Sometimes I wish I could be more typa A and stay on task.But then I'd have to have all of the other, upleasant qualities of type A's. I'd be boring, overbearing, bossy, highstrung, and I'd probably die of a heart attack at forty. That's just no way to live folks. Being type B is much more fun. You're laid back, fun loving, you have a "whatever" attitude, you'll probably live twice as long as a type A, though you'll only get about half as much done. But who cares? Whatever you did get done,you had a great time doing it.

7 comments:

toesthattwinkle said...

If you only get half as muc done as a type a, but live twice as long...does that mean that you get just as much done since they only do stuff in forty years that you can do in eighty years? DO you get what I'm trying to say???

beatrice said...

Go type B!!

BirdTrainer said...

Wait what happened?

Gracie said...

wow, you were able to pack several different subjects in one post. What talent. ;)

I LOVE SNOW!!

Lynn Bruce said...

Oh hey, it's that time again! Time for Aunt Lynn to say...

Graham, you are So Cool.

Lynn Bruce said...

ps. Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you find it tolerably tolerable around there today.

heh heh heh.

van Danne said...

ralph, i love you. you have one of my top like.... three... blogs.