Sunday, March 19, 2006

Parsnip Pudding?

You know what I hate? Shoes that are hard to get off. For some odd reason it annoys me to no end when I have to sit and tug and strain for five minutes to get my shoe off. I have pair of black dress shoes that are snazzy for sure, but boy when it comes time to take them off, I feel them to be my mortal enemy. In a fantastic contest of wills we face each other: the one holding fast to it's long sought postition, the other striving with all of his considerable might to remove it. With many a "Mmmmph!" and "Hrrrgh!" the battle is fought, while the earth (symbolizing my foot) seems almost to burst asunder with the strain.
I just don't like shoes in general. God didn't intend for man to wear shoes. The hobbits had the right idea. Excuse me will I try to evolve a thick, furry covering for my foot.

10 comments:

Andrew said...

Yo Graham!

How ya been? Sorry I haven't posted yet. But here I am! (Please don't start crying)

Interesting blog. I LIKE IT!!! Come and check out mine sometime. The address is www.halfland.blogspot.com

Anyway, I'll talk to you later!

Half-Pint (Or Andrew if you prefer)

Gracie said...

Bothersome shoes... could you make me some Hobbit feet too?

rachel tsunami said...

Ralph. Try untieing them first.

Anonymous said...

I happen to like shoes.

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band said...

Graham, I request a full report on the happenings of last week end! Exaggerate at will :)

monolog said...

What abaout some kind of thick bottomed socks or something?

elliebird said...

For a person that has too much free time, you certainly aren't using it.
~e

Dodger of Sheep said...

Actually, free time for me has been at somewhat of a premium lately. What with work, school, and saving Tamriel from the forces of Oblivion, I haven't had much time for the ol' Blahg. I'm actually kind of bored with it.

Elvis said...

you know what I love about your blog....it is actually slightly more boring than ours. (boring meaning you haven't posted in forever)

elliebird said...

That's the spirit Peachy-keen; have an optimistic attitude. Someone else's is always worse.
~e