Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Number of Completion (I think I'm the last one...)

You all know the drill by now.

Seven things...

To do before I die:
= Travel the world
= Fall completely, totally in love and (here's the kicker) have that feeling returned
= Write and publish my novel
= Get it made into one seriously awesome movie. I know it would be awesome! I just know it!
= Become a martial artist
= To be called Grandpa, and be able to finally grow my Grandpa Beard (that's a trademarked term right there)
= To randomly just hop in the car and drive until I wind up somewhere

I cannot do:
= Whistle really loud through my fingers
= Comprehend eternity
= Eat boiled squash
= Be flexible
= Stand people who imitate homosexuals. It's abomination people. If you kid around about it, it means you're not taking it seriously
= I cannot bear to be left out
= Get up on time on a school day. I always need at least five more minutes.

That attracted me to my spouse:

= Eyes you can drown in
= The fact that she'd as soon slit your throat as look at you (yeah, figure that one out...)
= A Godly spirit
= She's intelligent and can carry on an intelligent conversation
= She shares some of my interests, but not all of them (if we're exactly alike, one of us is unnecessary)
= She'll argue with me. I mean a real good argument, with raised voices and everything. Maybe we could even throw stuff at each other.
= But at the end of said argument, she acknowledges that the Bible says that she is to be the submissive one (but not too submissive)

Things I say most often:
= Holy crap!
= Are you serious?
= Indeed
= indubitably (ok not really but it's just a cool word)
= N-n-n-n-n-n-no
= Yes?
= I'm hungry

Books I love:
= LOTR
= Chronicles of Narnia
= My Side of the Mountain
= The Wheel of Time series (most of them anyways)
= Ender's Game
= The Count of Monte Cristo
= Dune
(before you guys rag on me, the Bible is separate and apart)

Movies I could watch over and over:
= Any LOTR movie
= Batman Begins
= Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail
= Pirates of the Caribbean
= X-Men 2
= Master and Commander
= Ocean's 11 and 12

People I want to tag:
= George W. Bush

9 comments:

Lynn Bruce said...

Dune! I've read Dune!

We should go out for a cup of melange and talk about it.

We can ride our worms there.

ithchick said...

What's Dune? Who is it by?

signed..
Desparate for Something New to Read

Dodger of Sheep said...

Dune is THE sci fi novel to read. It's by Frank Herbert and is fantastic. The depth of the background he created makes it feel like you're reading historical fiction instead of just fiction.

If you do read it though, don't bother with the rest of the books in the series (except maybe Children of Dune, but to read that you have to read Dune:Messiah, which is short so it's bearable) I read up until book five, and I just stopped right in the middle of that one.

And Queen, if you can find some melange, I'll plant a thumper and be right over. If only I can find my maker hooks...

X said...

wow. completely cool movie list.

van Danne said...

YAY! DUNE!!! I LOVE THAT BOOK!!

Life is better in the South said...

Interesting Graham...so what you're saying is that you want someone that will argue as well as I?

Happy Hunting, that will be tough. ;)

van Danne said...

i like your equals signs.

DrSmyth said...

I would like to see Mr. President do it. :)

joe4444 said...

Cool blawg, I mean "blog," interesting answers.... I've never seen someone so facinated at the art of "argument" as opposed to simple "debating." And I'm sure your future significant other (because every girl loves a guy they can argue with) will love that in you. ;)